Be A Good Host!
Don’t forget to be a good host when you’re making dinner for someone else, whether you live with them or whether they’re a guest.Try to remember the following:
* Tidy up when people arrive, or before people come down to dinner
* Make sure everyone has a drink of some sort (or is at least offered one)
* Don’t be anti social! Try to do your prep early (such as chopping veg and finding the right pans) so that you have time to talk.
* Set a timer if you’re the sort of person who gets carried away in conversations to remind you to pop back to check on your food. Mobile phone alarms work well for this!
* If your kitchen will allow for it, invite guests into your kitchen for conversation and delicious smells. It might be nerve wracking at first, but it will get easier.